It’s been a year and a half since I started getting to know you all over social media and I haven’t properly introduced myself. My sincerest apologies. But today, you will get to know me better so that you can put a face to the person behind this blog, our Facebook pages, Twitter handle and YouTube channel.
What do you do at work?
Like I said before, I’ve been working with the Family Nutrition Program for about a year and a half as their social media manager and loving every minute. I am the behind the scenes person for all of FNP’s online projects, the social media sites, the blog, and our website. Since I am a Registered Dietitian, I also get to lend my expertise to assist in making sure the info we share in FNP is up-to-date and accurate.
Best part of the job?
All of this means that my job is always new and always exciting. The best parts of my job is answering questions people ask on Facebook or the blog and creating all those cute images I’ve been posting recently. I also help Virginia Tech dietetic students make the wonderful videos we have on YouTube. (We’re currently working on another 8 videos, so keep an eye out for them around May or June.)
Five Fast Facts about Austin
- I am originally from Floyd, VA and moved back there when I got this job.
- I have been a dedicated volleyball player since high school and started coaching for the first time this year. This is how I prefer to Move More.
- I got interested in nutrition when I first moved out on my own and was learning how to cook. For me, cooking is the foundation of Eating Smart and all healthy choices flow from there.
- My favorite recipes are usually made in muffin tins, like this one from FNP: Mini Meatloaves. It’s such a fun and cute way to make meatloaf, veggie burgers or spaghetti and meatballs.
- My favorite foods in each MyPlate group are: eggs, pomegranate, plain Greek yogurt, air popped popcorn and beets (you know this one if you follow FNP on Facebook!).
I bet you have wondered about who exactly is talking to you on Facebook or this blog. What questions do you have that I didn’t answer? Ask away in the comments section.