- fluid ounces olive oil
- onion(s), chopped
- celery stalk(s), chopped
- garlic clove(s)
- fluid ounces sugar
- fluid ounces ground ginger
- fluid ounces ground nutmeg
- fluid ounces ground black pepper
- fluid ounces ground cinnamon
- fluid ounces salt
- fluid ounces water
- reduced sodium vegetable bouillon cubes
- potato(es), peeled
- net weight ounces canned pumpkin puree
In a stockpot, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion, celery, garlic, and sugar and cook 4 minutes or until tender.
Add ginger, nutmeg, black pepper, cinnamon, and salt. Stir to coat. Add water, bouillon cubes, potato, and pumpkin. Bring to a boil.
Reduce heat to medium-low, partially cover, and simmer for 20 minutes, until potato is tender.
Serve warm. NOTE: Top with light sour cream, green onions, or pumpkin seeds (the recipe analysis did not include toppings). Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.