- fluid ounces water
- fluid ounces olive oil, divided
- fluid ounces less sodium soy sauce, divided
- low-sodium bouillon cube(s)
- fluid ounces couscous
- bell pepper(s), chopped
- green onion(s), sliced
- net weight ounces sugar snap peas, chopped
- fluid ounces asparagus, chopped
- fluid ounces lemon juice
- fluid ounces sesame seeds, toasted
- fluid ounces ground black pepper
Combine water, 1 teaspoon oil, 1 teaspoon soy sauce, and bouillon cube in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
Place couscous in a mixing bowl and stir in boiling broth mixture. Cover and let stand 5-8 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
Stir in pepper and onions. Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
Place peas in the saucepan with 4-5 tablespoons of water. Bring to a boil and place lid on saucepan to steam for 1 minute, until bright green
Add the asparagus to the saucepan and cover again, steaming for 2 minutes more. Rinse with cold water and drain. Add to couscous.
In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together lemon juice, 7 teaspoons oil, sesame seeds, 2 teaspoons soy sauce, and ground black pepper. Drizzle over couscous and mix well.