- net weight ounces lean ground beef
- net weight ounces canned low-sodium diced tomatoes
- fluid ounces water
- net weight ounces canned no salt added tomato paste
- fluid ounces Italian seasoning
- net weight ounces whole grain noodles
- net weight ounces low-fat cottage cheese
- fluid ounces part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
In a skillet, brown ground beef, breaking into small pieces.
Stir in tomatoes, water, tomato paste, and Italian seasoning. Bring to a boil.
Add dry pasta. Cover and cook on medium heat for 15 minutes.
Stir in cottage cheese. Lower heat to simmer. Cover and cook for 5 more minutes, or until pasta is fully cooked.
Remove from heat. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and cover. Let stand for 5 minutes to melt cheese.