- fluid ounces canola oil
- onion(s), chopped
- bell pepper(s), chopped
- net weight ounces lean ground turkey
- net weight ounces frozen corn kernels, thawed
- net weight ounces canned low-sodium diced tomatoes
- fluid ounces 1% milk
- fluid ounces cornmeal
- fluid ounces chili powder
- fluid ounces garlic powder
- fluid ounces reduced fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- Nonstick cooking spray
In a skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and bell pepper and sauté for approximately 3 minutes.
Add ground turkey to skillet and cook until browned.
Pour corn, tomatoes, and milk into the skillet. Stir well.
Stir in cornmeal, chili powder, and garlic powder.
Heat oven to 350˚F and coat a baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Pour mixture into baking dish and cover with aluminum foil.
Bake for 45 minutes. Uncover and bake for 20 minutes more.
For the last 5 minutes of baking, sprinkle cheese over the dish. It is ready when a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.