- onion(s), chopped
- celery stalk(s), chopped
- carrot(s), chopped
- fluid ounces olive oil
- fluid ounces water
- butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- tart apple(s), peeled, cored, and chopped
- fluid ounces low-sodium bouillon
- fluid ounces cayenne pepper
- fluid ounces ground black pepper
- fluid ounces ground cinnamon
- fluid ounces ground nutmeg
- fluid ounces salt
In a stockpot, add the onion, celery, carrot, and oil. Sauté for about 5 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
Add water, squash, apple, and bouillon to the pot. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, then cover, and simmer. Continue cooking for 30 minutes or until the squash and carrots are soft.
Carefully transfer soup to a food processor or blender and puree. NOTE: If an immersion blender is available, the soup does not need to be transferred.
Add seasonings. Serve warm.