- net weight ounces canned low-sodium black beans, drained and rinsed
- net weight ounces canned low-sodium corn, drained and rinsed
- fluid ounces cooked brown rice
- onion(s), chopped
- fluid ounces cumin
- fluid ounces cilantro
- fluid ounces garlic powder
- bell pepper(s), halved length-wise and seeded
- fluid ounces water
- fluid ounces reduced fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- Nonstick cooking spray
Heat oven to 350°F. Spray a baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
In a mixing bowl, combine black beans, corn, brown rice, onion, cumin, cilantro, and garlic powder. Mix well.
Fill each pepper half with bean mixture and place in the pan. Pour ¼ cup water into the pan. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes.
Remove foil and sprinkle each pepper half with cheese. Bake uncovered for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.