- 1 pound 90% lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 6 carrots, diced
- 2 potatoes, chopped
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 5 cups water
- 48 ounces canned low-sodium canned diced tomatoes
- 15 ounces canned low-sodium mixed vegetables
- 15 ounces canned low-sodium green beans
- 1 cup low-sodium tomato juice
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
In a large pot, sauté ground beef until browned. Remove from pot and set aside.
Heat oil in the pot and sauté carrots, potatoes, onions, and celery until softened.
Add cooked ground beef, water, tomatoes, mixed vegetables, green beans, tomato juice, Italian seasoning, and pepper to pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 30 minutes.