- fluid ounces old fashioned oats
- fluid ounces chopped nuts (such as almonds, walnuts, peanuts, and pecans)
- fluid ounces seeds (any combination of sunflower, sesame, and pumpkin)
- fluid ounces wheat germ (optional)
- fluid ounces honey
- fluid ounces packed brown sugar
- fluid ounces canola oil
- fluid ounces vanilla extract
- fluid ounces dried fruit (any combination of apples, raisins, apricots, cherries, and blueberries), diced
- Nonstick cooking spray
Lightly coat baking dish with nonstick cooking spray and set aside. Heat the oven to 350°F.
Spread the oats, nuts, seeds, and wheat germ (if using) onto the baking sheet. Place in the oven and toast for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Combine the honey, brown sugar, oil, and vanilla extract in a saucepan and place over medium heat. Cook until the brown sugar has completely dissolved.
Once the oat mixture is done, remove it from the oven and reduce the heat to 300°F.
Immediately add the oat mixture to the honey mixture, add the dried fruit, and stir to combine. Turn mixture out into the prepared baking dish and press down, evenly distributing the mixture in the dish. Bake for an additional 25 minutes.