- net weight ounces canned low-sodium chickpeas or garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed with 1/2 cup liquid reserved
- fluid ounces jarred roasted red peppers, drained
- fluid ounces lemon juice
- fluid ounces olive oil
- fluid ounces tahini or peanut butter
- fluid ounces ground cumin
- fluid ounces garlic powder
- fluid ounces cayenne pepper
- fluid ounces ground black pepper
- carrot(s), cut into strips
Combine all ingredients, except for carrots, in a blender or food processor and combine until smooth.
Serve with carrot strips. NOTE: Can also be served with peppers, celery, radishes, cauliflower, broccoli, and toasted whole-wheat pita bread.