This Sunday is a big day for football fans (and, if you’re like me, commercial fans). It’s also a big day for munching and crunching on a variety of snacks that may not line up with MyPlate guidelines. Don’t worry, we’re setting your game day snack plan in motion with a few healthy swaps.
A game day spread wouldn’t be the same without chips and dip, so be sure to include these on your table.
- Homemade Tortilla Chips: With three ingredients and only 10 minutes of cooking time, you won’t want to reach for store-bought chips again.
- Homemade Hummus: This creamy, protein-packed alternative should have a place on the table.
- Yogurt Peanut Butter Dip: Pair this sweeter dip with sliced apples and bananas.
These snack mixes will satisfy any crunchy craving during the quarter.
- Herbed Popcorn and Pretzels: This recipe is a winning combination of pretzels, popcorn, and herbs.
- Crispy and Spicy Snack Mix: Turn up the heat and snack on whole wheat in this savory mix.
If you’re looking for something heartier, you’re sure to score with these recipes.
- Turkey Lentil Chili: A bowl of this chili will get you warmed up to cheer on your team.
- Chicken Quesadillas: A main dish that doubles as a heavy snack is a win-win.
Sugary sodas don’t stand a chance when these super swaps are involved.
- Homemade Strawberry Soda: This drink is fruity, fizzy, and has just the right amount of sweetness.
- Orange Banana Frosty: Throw bananas in the freezer on Saturday, and be ready to make this crowd-pleasing treat by Sunday.
Bonus big game tip: try a few of these at-home, equipment-free exercises during every commercial break to reach all of your eat smart, move more goals!