- fluid ounces rolled oats
- fluid ounces 1% milk
- net weight ounces ground venison
- onion, minced and divided
- fluid ounces garlic powder
- fluid ounces ground black pepper, divided
- fluid ounces smoked paprika
- fluid ounces ketchup
- fluid ounces water
- fluid ounces brown sugar
- fluid ounces distilled vinegar
Combine oats and milk in a bowl. Allow to soak for 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, combine venison, half of onion, garlic powder, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, and smoked paprika in a separate mixing bowl. Combine well. Mix in oats and remaining milk.
Shape meat mixture into 12 balls, approximately 1-inch, and place in a shallow baking pan. Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes at 350°F.
Drain any grease and juices that may have baked out into the pan.
Meanwhile, combine all remaining ingredients in a saucepan and stir well. Bring sauce to a simmer.
Pour sauce over meatballs. Bake uncovered for an additional 30 minutes, turning once.