- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon ground coriander
- ¼ teaspoon ground fennel seed
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 cups cabbage, sliced into 1/4-inch strips
- 15 ounces canned low-sodium whole tomatoes, undrained
- 4 cups water
- 4 low-sodium bouillon cubes
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
Heat oil in a pot on medium heat. Add onion and spices. Cook until onions are soft, about 5 minutes.
Add cabbage, water, tomatoes, bouillon cubes, and pepper to the pot and stir. Return to a boil, then lower heat. Cover and let simmer for 20 - 25 minutes or until the cabbage is thoroughly cooked.